Turkey’s Number #1 Political Prisoner Osman Kavala
- This week, Mr. Osman Kavala and 8 “accomplices” were found guilty of sedition. His conviction opened Pandora’s Box.
- Background: Gezi Protests, 2016 coup attempt, and Osman Kavala.
- WHY Do I call Kavala a “political prisoner”?
- Are there others like him? Yes, thousands of innocents rotting in prisons for committing acts Erdogan doesn’t approve of.
- Kavala’s sentencing could stoke a second Gezi protest.
- Erdogan government lost all the good-will he generated in the West by his clever stance in Ukraine War.
Links for background reading
The Legacy of the Gezi Protests in Turkey, link here: https://carnegieeurope.eu/2019/10/24/…
2016 coup: Turkey coup: What is Gulen movement and what does it want? Link here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe…
Who is Osman Kavala? Link to Osman Kavala website: https://www.osmankavala.org/en/
Who is Selahaddin Demirtaş? link to freedom of speech NGO here: https://www.article19.org/selahattin-…
Who is Metin Gurcan? IPS website: https://www.ips-journal.eu/about/writ…
Subscribe our to channel http://wedia.link/RealTurkey
Follow & read the latest Independent news from Turkey in English ► https://paturkey.com/
For sponsorship, ad, and other business inquiries ► [email protected]