Turkey’s Earthquake: Making Sense of the Human and Economic Toll
- At the end of the first week after Turkey’s hellish earthquake, estimates of human toll rose to 50K, while one report claimed total loss could be as high $84bn.
- This analysis attempts primarily to make sense of conflicting claims and definitions of “loss”.
- It appears that the pessimistic projections are closer to the reality.
- A bitter fate awaits the survivors, as government aid efforts are inadequate and hampered by political infighting.
- The political landscape can be drastically altered by the huge death toll and wide-spread accusations of Erdogan failing to respond to the calamity in a timely manner.
Subscribe to the channel http://wedia.link/RealTurkey
Follow & read the latest Independent news from Turkey in English ► https://paturkey.com/
For sponsorship, ad, and other business inquiries ► [email protected]
#RealTurkey #Turkey #Earthquake