It is the time of the year, when Turkey has another currency crash. It happens biannually.
- In “normal countries” currency crashes are at worst once-a-decade event, because policy-makers learn their lessons from this devastating calamity.
- In Turkey, Einstein’s definition of stupidity prevails: Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.
- Why slow-motion? Because Central Bank is ordered to defend the currency at the expanse of wasting all of its FX assets.
- Turkey has a rising external deficit, 70% inflation and a government which has no credibility.
- Erdogan won’t raise rates, won’t be able to find external financing and his idea of fighting inflation is prosecuting anyone who dares raise prices.
- Consequences: Currency controls, possible social unrest, recession and an end to Erdogan’s political career.
- Watch out for our next currency crash video coming in October.
Subscribe our to channel http://wedia.link/RealTurkey
Follow & read the latest Independent news from Turkey in English ► https://paturkey.com/
For sponsorship, ad, and other business inquiries ► [email protected]